Look East trilogy: 3 beauty secrets of Japanese women .
1. Start from the inside, this requires discipline and consistency; However, the inside is not only about food! Good mental health is suprisingly important aspect to glowing skin. So I will be rational and acknowledge that we cannot always eliminate stress, but! "you saw that coming didn't you?" you can respond to it unorthodoxly. Hence, I highly recommend you read the RED margazine June 2015 article 'The women who made friends with stress,' followed by 'the 7 habits of highly effective people.' I digress will return to that topic in another article soon. whoo!
So once all the Chakras are alligned, then only then must you begin to work on the outside, have you watched the program you are what you eat? No? try and watch it, if you replied yes then you know this is the second most important secret to good healthy skin. We are inspired and learn from the east; as the Japanese people top the life expectancy league to date, I wonder why? Its only fair to assume it is because Japanese people are most likely accessing the most healthy foods inturn resulting in a beautifying diet hence, we see so many ageless, wrinkle free women from that particular part of the world. Theirs is a diet rich in fish which provide with Omega 3 fatty acids which combat inflammation, a rainbow of vegetables, do I need to state the obvious; the benefits on your skin are enormous. And if you truely want to banquet like a Japanese do away with the huge portions of meat, sugar rich foods and polysaturated fats, and the battle is half won.
2. Green Tea
Make green tea your best friend inbetween meals, after meals and any time really. Once you are done with the tea bag, place it in the fridge then use it on your eyes to help depuff and do away with those baggy eyes. You can also use green tea as a steam facial.
According to James Darnbrook the most important aspect of the Japanese diet is actually this drink! Green tea has many health benefits; it is believed to help regulate blood pressure, boost the immune system, lower cholesterol and fight the free radicals that can cause cancer. There isn’t a better drink than green tea for helping you achieve vibrant glowing skin. I shall make sure I drown my self in green tea and report back the findings.
3. Break the rules get some Rice in your life
Do not panic, I do not mean you should go stuff your belly with rice, although there is nothing wrong with eating rice, everything in moderation I say. What I am talking about here is rice bran and ingredients found in most skin care products these days advertised as an antioxidant.
Rice bran oil has huge benefits for skin; it is
– Rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids,
- It is able to deeply penetrate into skin’s layers
– it improves overall complexion and helps to even out the skin tone,
– it helps to protect the skin from the elements: ie sun. This oil further protects the skin by acting as sun block therefore reducing the production of lines and wrinkles.
– rice bran oil doesn’t clog pores,
– it’s easily absorbed into the skin, so it’s not likely to increase skin oiliness,
– rice bran oil has anti-inflammatory properties and can help sooth and calm down irritated skin,
– it adds youthful glow to your skin,
Do I sound like someone selling a product? Well I am not, these are some of the benefits of rice bran oil. However I have to say in my experince, most natural oils are kind of the miracle product. I have been swearing by the tarte Maracuja oil and before that I was hooked to the decleor ylang ylang purifying night balm.
I will stop here or else I coud go on forever. I will follow on this article with the Facial cleansing routine of a Geisha. Who knows we might just wake up looking like those beautiful women one day. Stay well and come back soon.